Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Inspiration comes from the stranges places

My inspiration to crochet often comes from the strangest things.  I was cooking supper and had to dig around in my silverware drawer to find something, and then it hit me ... I need silverware containers!  I really need several containers to organize my silverware drawer.

So, now that I am motivated and inspired, the crocheting has begun :) 

Red Heart Super Saver yarn (so that it can be washed frequently and still hold it's shape).

Hook E/4 3.50mm (small hook, tight stitches)

The longest pieces of silverware I have is, of course, butter knives so that is what I used for measurement purposes. 

Ch 50

Row 1    Skip first ch, sc in next ch and in each ch across.  Ch1, turn.  (49 sc)
Row 2-   Sc in each stitch across.  Ch1, turn.

and this is where I am at right now.  I will try to finish one tonight so that I can finish posting the pattern in the morning, along with some pictures.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

1 comment: