Sunday, January 10, 2016

Diversity is the way

I just love teaching, I always learn something new.  This time I learned that just because you CAN do a thing, does not mean that you SHOULD do a thing.

One of my students has some pretty bad arthritis in her hands, and she wanted to learn how to crochet.  So, like a good teacher, she and I sat down and I began teaching her how to crochet.  After the first hour, she had really caught on and was doing great, but her hands were starting to hurt so we stopped.  She informed me that her hands were only a little sore the next day.  That tells me, her arthritis is too advanced to crochet, but never give up! 

My friend has agreed to try loom knitting, so that will be our next adventure this coming Thursday.  I am going to teach her to loom knit.  I believe this will be easier on her hands AND she can easily stop and start her projects without loosing count of stitches or try to remember what row she was on.

We really want to make some chemo caps for our local cancer center, and we are a determined bunch.  If at first you don't crochet, LOOM KNIT!

Blessings,
Jewell


No comments:

Post a Comment